Here you will find how to submit your abstract and all the guidelines that you need to take into account. Please read them carefully before starting the submission process.
▪ Abstracts can only be submitted online via the abstract submission form. Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exception will be made.
▪ All mandatory fields must be filled out.
▪ To ensure smooth evaluation, a topic for your work must be selected during the submission process.
▪ The content of the scientific abstract should be related to one of the topics listed below.
▪ The acceptable length of the abstract is a maximum of 450 words.
▪ It is not possible to add tables, figures or images to your abstract.
▪ It is possible to submit your abstract until May 15, 2022.
▪ After submission of the abstract it is not possible to make any changes.
▪ The presenting author of the abstract must be registered for the meeting before August 1st, 2022.
For structuring of the scientific program, the Scientific Committee has identified the following topics that will ensure smooth evaluation and arranging the presentations into thematically focused sessions. When submitting your abstract, you will be asked to select one of the topics below:
▪ Ecology and tick biology (including tick-host-pathogen interactions)
▪ Clinical / treatment
ABSTRACT FORMAT AND CONTENT
Please use the following headings in your abstract so that the Scientific Committee can evaluate the quality and completeness of your abstract:
▪ A title
▪ Aims (optional)
Please ensure your abstract does not contain spelling, grammar, or scientific mistakes, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Linguistic accuracy is your responsibility. No proof reading will be done.
Note: The presenting author of the abstract must be registered for the meeting.
The following presentation types are available. Please indicate your preference during the submission process. The final choice will be made by the Scientific Committee and conference chairs. Those abstracts that are not selected for an oral presentation will be given the opportunity for a poster presentation.
▪ Oral presentation
Abstracts selected for an oral presentation will be scheduled in one of the (thematic) sessions (see preliminary program). The total duration is 20 minutes (including 5 minutes for discussion). Language; English.
▪ Poster presentation
Abstracts selected for a poster presentation will be asked to bring a printed poster for display in the poster area at the conference. All participants are encouraged to visit the posters. During their poster sessions a representing author is required to be present at the poster. Language; English.
▪ Poster pitch (you can not apply for this option. However, you may be selected by the scientific committee and conference chairs)
There are in total 12 time slots for so-called poster pitches (see preliminary program). Authors whose abstract is selected for a poster pitch have the opportunity to draw attention to their poster in 2 minutes (i.e. max. 2-3 slides). Of note, pitches will be stopped after 2 minutes sharp and there will be room for one (short) question and answer (max. 1 minute) Language; English.
YOUNG & WILD SESSION
- If you are you a (Phd)student or max. 7 years after your PhD*. Then you may be eligible for the Young & Wild session.
- If you are interested in the young & Wild session please check this option in your application.
- Three selected young scientists meeting the eligibility criteria will be given the opportunity to present their groundbreaking work.
- Please stick to the general abstract submission guidelines
- The presenting author of the abstract must be registered for the meeting, before August 1st, 2022.
- Prizes will be awarded on the last day of the conference (where the candidate needs to be present)
- The winners will be getting a price:
• First prize € 1000
• Runner up € 500
• Third prize € 250
* The congress organization may verify your eligibility